Saturday, October 5, 2013

Domino is BACK!!!!

For those of you who know me, you know that I love home decor books and magazines.  Some of my favorite current publications are Lonny, Sweet Paul, Home Adore, Rue Magazine.  My favorite newsstand or actual, physical magazines include House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Living Etc., and I do love HGTV home as well (especially if there is anything by the lovely and talented, Emily Henderson.)

A few of my favorite magazines that are no longer in print, but I have saved every copy that I ever owned include Blueprint Magazine (which was a Martha Stewart publication) and Domino.  I love my back issues of both of these magazines and look back at them from time to time to draw inspiration. Well, I am absolutely thrilled to read that Domino is BACK baby!  Domino is BACK.  The Holiday edition will be on newsstands, October 8th, and then it looks like four times a year, I can hold in my hands a glossy paged magazine and peruse it anywhere I want!  The Editor in Chief for Domino 2.0 is Michelle Adams who founded Lonny and who was also a part of Domino in its first life.

Here are some of my favorite rooms and photos from previous Domino Magazine editions as well as from the book.  I'm looking forward to more goodies to come!


















Domino was probably the most influential magazine in my deciding to study interior design.  Seeing into the homes of famous or up and coming designers like Kelly Wearstler, Jeanine Hayes from Aphrochic, Ruthie Sommers, India Hicks, Miles Redd, and many others.  There were also peeks into the homes of up and coming (or already established actresses and musicians) like Drew Barrymore, Rashida Jones, Julianne Moore, Jenna Lyons (neither actress, nor musician, but I drooled over every single page of Ms. J. Crew's home!)  Quirky and cute pie, Zooey Deschanel was featured in Domino too.

Can you tell I'm really excited about this?  Michelle Adams, bring it on!  I can't wait to see what's in store!

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10