Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Color, Color, Color

It's about time for another color post, and this one has got me giddy.  As you may well know, I love color.  I love saturated color, I love bold bright colors, neons, and I do dig pretty hard on some pastels too.  One thing that I love most about color is when it POPS against a white background.  As I am working on gathering inspiration for my Kids Camp Competition, I came across a few pictures that just spoke to me.  After further investigation, I found that these pictures were all the brilliant work (I mean that in every sense of the word) architect, Emanuelle Moureaux.  Not only is this lady an architect, she's practically my age, and she's a frenchie (quelle surprise!)  Well, she's an expat who has been living in Japan for quite some time.





Emmanuelle has created the concept of "Shikiri", which literally means "dividing (creating) space with colors" in English. 

Look at some of these beautiful spaces.









Emanuelle has won numerous awards in Japan for architecture, and she's developed some really cool products as well.  Check out some of these.  










Those above are cabinets with drawers.  These bright colors really pack a wallop of personality into a space, and I can't imagine feeling sad or blue in a space like these.  I'm really excited about moving forward with my camp and injecting fun and playfulness with color  I'm also looking to work a little shikiri (not to be confused with Shakira!)



No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10